Enjoy exceptional services in your retirement.
Vibrant North Carolina living.
Worry free. That’s the retirement lifestyle awaiting you at The Pines at Davidson, a short drive from Charlotte, NC.
No lawns to mow, shrubs to trim or concerns about home repairs. At The Pines, the grounds and buildings are kept in pristine condition. A team of grounds, maintenance and housekeeping staff smile as they complete their work and greet you as you walk by.
You’re headed for a morning swim or a lecture on modern Asian history. You’re taking your golf clubs to River Run Country Club or taking your best friends on a shopping expedition in Davidson, the nearby towns or Charlotte. You’ll be seeing Shakespeare at Davidson College tonight. Later, you’ll be cheering for the college’s basketball team.
You can stroll the 140-acre campus or leave your home for an extended vacation, confident it will be secure, thanks to The Pines staff. You know you’ll be coming home to a clean, lovingly tended residence.
“When I put in a work order, the maintenance guys beat me back to the apartment!”
– Marian R.
Just a sample of our services and amenities:
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Weekly housekeeping, with linens and bath towels provided
- Scheduled transportation to grocery stores and local activities
- Planned social, recreational and spiritual activities
- The Workman Wellness Center, which offers exercise equipment, a warm-water therapy pool, a hot-water whirlpool and physical and occupational therapy
- Woodworking shop
- Billiards room
- Arts and crafts room
- TV game room
- Post office
- On-site banking
- Laundry facilities
- Trash removal
- Outdoor gardens
Woodshop wisdom: “To carve a duck, you cut away everything that doesn’t look like a duck and you’ll come up with a duck.” - Resident Don O., who turns blocks of wood into magnificent bowls, vases, plates and ornaments. Read his story here.
Available for additional fees:
- Transportation to Charlotte, nearby towns and the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport
- Guest Room
- Massage and spa therapies
- Hair salon and barber shop
- Personal fitness training
- Modified membership in River Run Country Club, located two-and-a-half miles from The Pines, which lets residents play golf, play indoor or outdoor tennis, swim, and use the fitness center, driving range and dining facilities at significantly reduced rates
Dining at The Pines: See our sample menus.
- One meal each day – your choice of breakfast, lunch, dinner or take-out – prepared by our culinary school-trained chefs
- Choice of formal and casual areas in the main dining room, plus a bistro-style café where residents can order to-go meals and packaged food
Activities at The Pines:
- Learning in Retirement program, featuring stimulating talks by Davidson College professors. Topics have included “Astrology and the Reformation,” “The First Three Minutes of the Universe” and “Genomics and You.”
- A variety of water exercise classes in the therapy pool
- Exercise classes
- Group trips to watch Davidson College sporting, concert and cultural events
- Group trips to cultural events in Charlotte, including symphony, opera and theater performances
- Bridge groups
- Wine and cheese socials
- Poker games
- Bible study and Sunday school
- Book discussion groups
- Movie nights
- Board game evenings
Contact us for more information. Or, better still, schedule a tour to meet fascinating new neighbors and see us for yourself.
“I am an Ikebana teacher (Japanese flower arranging, Sogetsu school). I started in mainland Japan in the late ‘60s and continued to study and rise in rank while living in Okinawa. I have taught in Okinawa and D.C. and demonstrated the art across the state and in D.C. and Virginia. I continue to teach at Davidson Parks & Recreation and lead a monthly Sogetsu study group, the only one in the state.” – a resident of The Pines