The Pines at Davidson is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19). Learn More
In our community, senior living means living well.
The Charlotte, NC area is a haven for healthy fun.
“Wellness is the reason people come here.”
- A Pines Staff Member
Wellness programs at The Pines scored an impressive 96% on a recent Resident Satisfaction Survey. Here’s why:
The Workman Wellness Center makes staying fit enjoyable.
- Indoor Warm-Water Therapy Pool and Large Hot-Water Whirlpool that’s especially enticing—and exceedingly clean: While most pools recycle water every six hours, ours recycles approximately every two and a half, and incorporates ultraviolet (UV) light for meticulous filtration.
- Group Exercise Classes—from Cardio to Aqua Pilates and more.
- Strength Training Room—with senior-focused exercise equipment.
- Cardio Fitness Room.
- Expert Personal Training.
- Massage Therapy conveniently on-site for an additional fee.
- Access to nearby YMCA and River Run Country Club amenities.
COMING IN SUMMER/FALL 2020: Completely renovated, updated and expanded Fitness accommodations!
- NEW 2,400-square-foot Fitness Center
- Bringing today’s contemporary fitness gym experience to The Pines: Come enjoy a full array of state-of-the-art exercise equipment to help you maintain strength, balance, endurance, cardiovascular health, flexibility, and emotional well-being.
- Large-screen TV and more.
- Free to residents of The Pines as a benefit of living here—there’s no gym membership fee.
- NEW Multi-Purpose Room
- A bright, beautiful space on our main floor for meeting up with friends for fitness classes such as yoga, qi gong, tai chi, and more.
Simply going for a walk is a favorite fitness activity at The Pines. Visit and you’ll see why.
Stroll into town, head down the greenway to enjoy nature, or just discover favorite paths and places within our 140-acre wooded campus for birdwatching. Truly everyone derives benefits from walking here: Residents of our Schramm Health Center have the opportunity to participate in our Great Gait program that increases walking speed and reduces the likelihood of falls.
Wellness activities are a way of life here.
The reason they are so successful is that so many friends do them together. Take advantage of our free passes to the nearby Lake Norman YMCA, with its spectacular waterfront, and our privileges at River Run Country Club.
On-campus Wellness Clinic for convenience and peace of mind.
Open 8 a.m. to noon six days a week, the Clinic is staffed by a Registered Nurse who tends to residents in many ways—checking blood pressure or blood sugar levels, performing lab work, dressing wounds, answering questions about medications and helping set up doctor appointments. Our primary care team also includes convenient, on-campus access to our visiting Atrium physician, and nurse practitioner. Residents can also take advantage of regular visits from a mobile dentist, podiatrist and audiology clinic.
Our popular Wellness Fairs bring everything to campus—from hearing aids to health foods.
Residents also take comfort in knowing that help from a nurse is available in urgent situations, with four ways to send an alert. The Pines has registered nurses on site 24 hours a day, ready to respond to urgent medical situations.